Dec 28, 2019 - Jan 3, 2020
7-Day Meditation Retreat
A Transformational Retreat with Shunyamurti, founder and director of Sat Yoga
Registration is closed.
For upcoming events please visit our Calendar.
A Shunyamurti Retreat includes:
- Length of Program: 7 days / 6 nights
- Accommodations: Our charming cabins (bhavans) surrounded by nature
- Meals: Three delicious vegetarian meals a day with ingredients from our organic garden
- Meditations: Three daily meditation sittings
- Classes: Daily satsangs, guided meditations and Questions & Answers sessions with Shunyamurti offering the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance throughout this retreat. Healing arts and creative expression classes
- Asanas: Sunrise yoga and pranayama practice
- Time to reflect: Enjoy walks and contemplation in the beautiful natural setting of the ashram
- Ashram Tour: Visit our developing food forests and organic green houses
A sacred ashram retreat
Whether you are an experienced yogi, or simply discovering the gift of meditation, this retreat will inspire and empower you to move forward with greater clarity and purpose.
A seven-day retreat with Shunyamurti is an authentic rite of passage. The retreat will include essential teachings on the subjects of yoga, meditation, and spiritual development. Enjoy the pristine natural setting of the Sat Yoga Ashram, as well as delicious and healthful vegetarian meals.
Shunyamurti offers a transfusion of empowering knowledge that will enable you to overcome self-defeating tendencies, bring clarity, renew your life energy, and inspire your freedom and creative power.
That sense of community and commitment to the work and to each other is not something you find out there in your everyday working/living environment. That's something that's really beautiful and inspirational to me, and it holds the truth of the teachings in practice. That really speaks to the place and the work that you're doing here.
Meeting with Shunyamurti was like coming home to myself. It was a very calm and totally transformative experience. There was recognition. I don't think I've ever been in a group with such an authentically loving and heartfelt connection. I'm very touched by how true it feels. It's not an act you put on. It comes from a place of deep intention.
I see Sat Yoga as a refuge for my soul. Sat Yoga is a place in which one can come to exist and to be as human beings should--freely--in which one can communicate consciously, and begin to cure one's heart.
Shunyamurti is an adept healer, he is the founder and spiritual director of the Sat Yoga Institute and Ashram.
Shared Room / Shared Bathroom
Private Room / Shared Bathroom
Shared Room / Shared Bathroom
*Costa Rican residents please inquire for the local rate
New Costa Rican Sales Tax
On July 1, 2019, a new 13% sales tax comes into effect in Costa Rica which will affect our prices.
The Sat Yoga Ashram is a spiritual refuge for serious seekers looking for a sacred space to heal and grow spiritually. If you wish to join us but have limited financial resources, please inquire about our partial scholarships in the form below or by email to Amrita [email protected]
We wish we could offer more scholarships than we do, but we depend on love offerings and we ask your support to enable us to welcome more people who yearn for Self realization. Please donate to our scholarship fund so we can provide the needed assistance in our environment of wisdom and love.
Extended your stay...
A retreat led by Shunyamurti is an intense and profound transformational process.If you would like to maximize the benefits of your stay at the Sat Yoga Ashram, to be able to meet for a one-to-one healing session, and to take your time to reflect and assimilate with this structured program before facing the culture shock of a world you had left behind.
The Retreat Extension program includes:
- A Seven-day program, Jan 3 – 9, 2020
- Daily pre-dawn meditation
- Evening community meditation and classes
- 3 sunrise hatha yoga classes
- Ashram tours, outdoor walks and time in our pristine gardens
- 3 spiritual theory classes in small groups
- 2 extended mid-morning meditation sittings with a senior yogi
- 1 meditative artistic expression class
Contribution: $995* Shared Room
$1,300 Private Room/Shared Bathroom // $1,550 Private Room/Private Bathroom
This includes a 6-night stay plus all meals and activities.
If you would like to extend your stay please let Amrita know when you fill in the form below.