Study and Meditation Retreat
A 10-day or 4-week Ashram Immersion Program
Registration is closed.
For upcoming events please visit our Calendar.
Take a quantum leap in your self-understanding
through yogic wisdom and meditation.
- Length of Program:
10-Day Program: Nov 22 – Dec 1, 2019
4-Week Program: Nov 22 – Dec 19, 2019
- Accommodations: Our charming cabins (bhavans)
- Meals: Three delicious vegetarian meals a day with ingredients from our organic garden
- Meditation Weekend led by Shunyamurti begins the Immersion
- Classes: Daily classes in the understanding of the mind. Special satsangs and Questions & Answers with Shunyamurti. Healing arts, such as painting and drama therapy
- Community life: Morning meditation and evening classes with the community and 7 – 10 weekly hours of karma yoga
- Asanas: Sunrise yoga practice overlooking the mountains
- Optional one-to-one sessions: Shunyamurti has created a revolutionary dyadic approach to inner work called Atmanology
- Time to reflect: Enjoy walks and contemplation in the beautiful natural setting of the ashram
Experience living in a spiritual community and yogic way of life
Find clarity in your life, develop your meditation practice, heal yourself from suffering and discover your inner Self.
The Sat Yoga Ashram Immersion is a carefully developed program of practical wisdom classes, plus several daily meditation sittings, satsangs in the company of Shunyamurti, immersion in community life and opportunities for karma yoga.
Come to understand the structure of the human ego, how it operates and limits your day-to-day life and discover maps of consciousness to enable you to traverse the ego level and function in Soul-consciousness, then on to Pure Spirit.
An ashram immersion offers you a sacred space to heal and transform. An ashram is the most ancient archetypal form of community. It is a school, a monastery, a refuge for Spirit to flourish, a pilgrimage center in which the highest wisdom is offered, and the most sublime values are lived and shared with all.
What is an Ashram Immersion Program Like?
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 4:00am – Community morning meditation
- 5:00am – Personal time: yoga, exercise, read
- 7:00am – Karma Yoga (communal service)
- 8:00am – Breakfast
- 9:00am – Immersion Gyana Class
- 11:00am – Personal reflection time
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm – Lunch
- 1:45pm – Clean up and chores
- 2:30pm – Personal time
- 5:30pm – Evening meditation or class
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm – Dinner
- 9:00pm – Lights Out
The testimonials, statements, and opinions presented on our website apply to the individuals depicted. Results will vary. The testimonials were voluntarily provided and are not paid, nor were they provided with free products, services, or any benefit in exchange for said statements. The testimonials are representative of the retreatant’s experience, but the exact results and experience will be unique to each being.
Your contribution includes accommodations in one of our delightful cabins, all meals, and activities during your stay.
10-Days - $1350* 4-Weeks - $2700*
Shared Room / Shared Bathroom
10-Days - $1650
4-Weeks - $3300
Private Room / Shared Bathroom
10-Days - $2150
4-Weeks - $3900
Shared Room / Shared Bathroom
*Costa Rican residents please inquire for the local rate
New Costa Rican Sales Tax
On July 1, 2019, a new 13% sales tax comes into effect in Costa Rica which will affect our prices.
The Sat Yoga Ashram is a spiritual refuge for serious seekers looking for a sacred space to heal and grow spiritually. If you wish to join us but have limited financial resources, please inquire about our partial scholarships in the form below or by email to Amrita [email protected]
We wish we could offer more scholarships than we do, but we depend on love offerings and we ask your support to enable us to welcome more people who yearn for Self realization. Please donate to our scholarship fund so we can provide the needed assistance in our environment of wisdom and love.
Immersion Teaching Team
General Requirements for Prospective Applicants
Please take your time to review the points below to ensure that this is the right program for you.
- A sincere interest and, ideally, some experience in meditation
- A genuine desire to practice a less egocentric mode of living
- Commitment to the goal of ego transformation and transcendence is always at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we ask participants to commit to the keeping of the Yamas and Niyamas (ethical yogic vows) and upholding our Ashram Guidelines for the duration of their stay here.
- Familiarity and resonance with Shunyamurti’s teachings before applying.
- Completion of Shunyamurti’s book, The Transformational Imperative before arriving (buy The Transformational Imperative now)
- A willingness to take part in transformational healing (Atmanology) sessions.
- The ability to cheerfully cope with the challenges of living in an active and hard-working monastic community
- The ability to adapt to our diet which is strictly vegetarian, with some gluten free and vegan options available. Although we aim to cater to everyone’s dietary needs and preferences, we cannot accommodate acute food sensitivities or allergies
- A willingness to live in a remote location: we are a 45 minutes drive from clinics, shops, and other services, and there is no regular shuttle service or public transportation directly to the ashram
- Financial resources to cover your personal needs (including all insurances, medical care/emergencies, transportation, and visa costs if coming from another country) for the duration of your stay
- You must be at least 18 years old by your prospective date of arrival