New Year Meditation Retreat
Seven-day transformational Retreat with Shunyamurti, founder and director of Sat Yoga
Registration is closed.
For upcoming events please visit our Calendar.
A Shunyamurti Retreat includes:
- 7 days / 6 nights
- Accommodations in our charming cabins (bhavans)
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily with ingredients from our organic gardens (vegan & gluten free options available)
- 3 daily meditation sittings
- Daily wisdom classes with Shunyamurti. Shunyamurti will be offering the opportunity to ask questions and receive guidance throughout this retreat.
- Sunrise yoga and pranayama practice
- Healing arts and creative expression classes
- Ashram tours and river walks
- Time for rejuvenation and reflection in the beautiful natural setting of the ashram
Bring in the New Year at a sacred ashram retreat
Whether you are an experienced yogi, or simply discovering the gift of meditation, this retreat will inspire and empower you to move forward with greater clarity and purpose.
A seven-day retreat with Shunyamurti is an authentic rite of passage. The retreat will include essential teachings on the subjects of yoga, meditation, and spiritual development. Enjoy the pristine natural setting of the Sat Yoga Ashram, as well as delicious and healthful vegetarian meals.
Shunyamurti is an adept healer, he is the founder and spiritual director of the Sat Yoga Institute and Ashram.
Many years of meditation practice and training in numerous forms of yoga, including apprenticeship with Baba Hari Dass, ten years of vowed association with a Brahmachari ashram in India, and a special resonance with Sri Ramana Maharshi have been supplemented by the intensive study of Western metaphysics, various forms of psychoanalysis and Jungian dreamwork, as well as Taoism, Kabbalah, and mystical Christianity.
$1700 Shared room, shared bathroom
$1850 Private room, shared bathroom
Costa Rican residents please inquire for local rate
Your contribution includes 6 nights shared accommodations in one of our delightful cabins, all meals, and activities during your stay.
Shared rooms accommodate two to three persons. Bathrooms are shared with a maximum of four others.
- 5:00 – 6.15am – Dawn Meditation & Class
- 6.30 – 8.00am – Yoga Asana Class
- 8:00 – 8:45am – Breakfast
- 9:30 – 1:00pm – Meditation and Class
- 1:00 – 1:45pm – Lunch
- 2:30 – 5:30pm – Personal Time
- 5:30 – 7:00pm – Meditation and Class
- 7:00 – 7:30pm – Evening Meal
Explaining the retreat title
Shortcut to Shiva - Time for the Tandava
One of the earliest titles of God is Lord of the Dance. Shiva dances the destruction of the world once it falls into irremediable degradation. But the dance also conjures into being the new Creation. Shiva’s dance steps, as the frenzied rhythm of the dance increases its pace, can now be felt in the increased force and number of earthquakes our planet is experiencing.
The dance also manifests as hurricanes and cyclones, tornadoes, erupting volcanoes, solar flares, wars and systemic collapses. It can be felt at every level, from hysterical meltdowns and psychotic breakdowns of the ego to ruptures and schisms in every organization and relationship. All the bonds of maya that hold the world together are being ripped apart by these all-powerful forces being unleashed by God.
In Vedic mythology, all that is referred to as the Rudra Tandava, the dance of destruction. But those who attain God-consciousness during this final period of the world holographic drama will experience the same events as a blessing, accompanied by the sense of divine protection and safe passage to the Kingdom of Heaven that is to follow. This dimension of the dance is called the Ananda Tandava, the dance of Bliss.In this retreat, we will shift from being witnesses of the Rudra Tandava to being divine dancers of the Ananda Tandava. Prepare for the ecstasy of ascension!