Ashram Experience Program
A Two or Four Week Ashram Experience Program
Starting January 29, 2021
Registration is closed.
For upcoming events please visit our Calendar.
Actualize Your Life Purpose
“An ashram is the most ancient and sacred archetypal form of community. It is a school, a monastery, a refuge for Spirit to flourish, a pilgrimage center in which the highest wisdom is offered and the most sublime values are lived and shared with all.” ~ Shunyamurti
2-Week Program: Jan 29 – Feb 11
4-Week Program: Jan 29 – Feb 25
Our charming cabins (bhavans) surrounded by pristine nature
Three delicious vegan meals a day with fresh ingredients from our organic garden
This experiential program is designed to recharge your inner power through immersion in the revolutionary energy field of a dedicated yogic community.
Accelerate your spiritual growth through psycho-spiritual wisdom classes, guided meditation practice, and selfless service within an ashram setting.
You will discover an intentional way of living that brings meaningful and lasting transformation to your life.
The Ashram Experience Includes:
- Wisdom Classes: Bring clarity and new vision to your life with two to three weekly yogic theory classes and one weekly artistic expression class.
- Sacred Satsangs with Shunyamurti: Shunyamurti, a meditation master and founder of Sat Yoga, offers powerful gathering for transformation and transcendence. Ask your deepest questions from the heart and receive an answer that will blow your mind away!
- Meditation: Sunrise and sunset meditation sittings daily and two meditation mentoring sessions with a senior yogi weekly
- Community Life: The Sat Yoga Ashram offers a way of life designed to optimize growth, creativity, and individuation. We are here to serve and accompany you at every step of your journey of Self-discovery.
- Sacred Service: Being of service heals the heart! Learn new skills and enjoy karma yoga (community service) in areas such as kitchen, greenhouses, food forests, and gardens.
- Sunrise Yoga Practice: Enjoy an early morning yoga practice overlooking the mountains three times a week.
- One-to-One Spiritual Guidance: Shunyamurti has created a revolutionary approach to inner work called Atmanology. This form of one-to-one exploration of the full spectrum of consciousness culminates in life-changing transformation and healing. (These sessions are optional and not included in the program fee).
- Time to Reflect: Enjoy nature walks and contemplation in the beautiful, natural setting of the ashram.
“There are so many things in my month-long journey here, so many things I am grateful for…”
~ Richard, Haiti
“Come and feel love, this is real love.”
~ Isabel, Mexico
Your contribution includes accommodations in one of our delightful cabins, all meals, and activities during your stay.
2-Weeks - $1350
4-Weeks - $2240
Shared Room /
2-Weeks - $1750
4-Weeks - $2900
Private Room /
2-Weeks - $2250
4-Weeks - $3600
Private Room /
~ Costa Rican residents please inquire for the local rate
Early Bird Rates
(Available until Friday, December 18, 2020 - with full payment)
2-Week ~ $1145 Shared Room / $1480 Private Room / $1900 Private Room & Private Bathroom
4-Week ~ $1900 Shared Room / $2450 Private Room / $3050 Private Room & Private Bathroom
Jan/February Experience Program registration is now closed, please check out our Calendar for upcoming events.
New Costa Rican Sales Tax
Our visit coordinator will inform you of the final price + tax.
The Sat Yoga Scholarship Fund was created to offer retreat and program scholarships to a wider community of serious seekers looking for a sacred space to heal and grow spiritually, who may be in need of financial assistance. We ask your support to enable us to welcome more people who yearn for Self-realization. Please consider donating to the scholarship fund so we can provide the needed assistance in our environment of wisdom and love. If you wish to join us, but have limited financial resources, please visit our Scholarship Fund page.
General Requirements for Prospective Applicants
- A sincere interest and, ideally, some experience in meditation
- A genuine desire to practice a less egocentric mode of living
- Commitment to the goal of ego transformation and transcendence is always at the core of everything we do; for this reason, we ask participants to commit to the keeping of the Yamas and Niyamas (ethical yogic vows) and upholding our Ashram Guidelines for the duration of their stay here
- Familiarity and resonance with Shunyamurti’s teachings before applying
- A willingness to take part in transformational healing (Atmanology) sessions
- The ability to cheerfully cope with the challenges of living in an active and hard-working monastic community
- The ability to adapt to our diet which is strictly vegetarian, with some gluten free and vegan options available. Although we aim to cater to everyone’s dietary needs and preferences, we cannot accommodate acute food sensitivities or allergies
- A willingness to live in a remote location: we are a 45 minutes drive from clinics, shops, and other services, and there is no regular shuttle service or public transportation directly to the ashram
- Financial resources to cover your personal needs (including all insurances, medical care/emergencies, transportation, and visa costs if coming from another country) for the duration of your stay
- You must be at least 18 years old by your prospective date of arrival