Meditation & Community
Join us for 12-days or 4-weeks and awaken to the power of sacred living
Registration is closed.
For upcoming events please visit our Calendar.
- Length of Program:
12-Day Program: March 13 – 24, 2019
4-Week Program: March 13 – April 10, 2019
- Accommodations: Our charming cabins (bhavans) provide comfortable sleeping space for one to three. Private single rooms are available upon request, for a supplemental fee. See below for details
- Meals: Three delicious vegetarian meals a day with ingredients from our organic garden
- Classes: 3 weekly theory classes in small group setting. Special satsangs with Shunyamurti. Meditative artistic expression class
- Meditation: 4am Meditation and 2 extended mid-morning meditation sittings with a senior yogi
- Community life: Morning meditation and evening classes with the community and 18 – 20 weekly hours of karma yoga (community service in the areas of kitchen, greenhouse, gardens, etc.)
- Asanas: Sunrise yoga practice overlooking the mountains 3 times a week
- Time to reflect: Enjoy walks and contemplation in the beautiful natural setting of the ashram
Experience life at the Sat Yoga Ashram
Join us for twelve days or four weeks, in a powerful energy field. The Ashram Experience retreat gives you the rare opportunity to live, serve, learn and meditate together with our resident community members. You will gain priceless insights, friendships, and heart-melting moments of divine love that can change your life forever.
As well as extended time for meditation and contemplation, our Ashram Experience Program offers you the opportunity to spend time alongside our ashram residents and take part in some of the artisan skills that form an integral part of our everyday life, such as cheese making, fermentation, bread baking, honey production, herbal medicine, and tincture making.
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 4:00am – Community morning meditation
- 5:00am – Personal time: yoga, exercise, read
- 7:00am – Karma Yoga (communal service)
- 8:00am – Breakfast
- 9:00am – Immersion Gyana Class
- 11:00am – Personal reflection time
- 1:00pm – 1:45pm – Lunch
- 1:45pm – Clean up and chores
- 2:30pm – Personal time
- 5:30pm – Evening meditation or class
- 7:00pm – 7:30pm – Dinner
- 9:00pm – Lights Out
General Requirements for Prospective Applicants
- A sincere interest and, ideally, some experience in meditation
- A genuine desire to practice a less egocentric mode of living
- Commitment to the goal of ego transformation and transcendence is always at the core of everything we do. For this reason, we ask participants to commit to the keeping of the Yamas and Niyamas (ethical yogic vows) and upholding our Ashram Guidelines for the duration of their stay here.
- Familiarity and resonance with Shunyamurti’s teachings before applying.
- Completion of Shunyamurti’s book, “The Transformational Imperative” before arriving (buy The Transformational Imperative now)
- A willingness to take part in transformational healing (Atmanology) sessions.
- The ability to cheerfully cope with the challenges of living in an active and hard-working monastic community
- The ability to adapt to our diet which is strictly vegetarian, with some gluten free and vegan options available. Although we aim to cater to everyone’s dietary needs and preferences, we cannot accommodate acute food sensitivities or allergies
- A willingness to live in a remote location: we are 45 minutes drive from clinics, shops, and other services, and there is no regular shuttle service or public transportation directly to the ashram
- Financial resources to cover your personal needs (including all insurances, medical care/emergencies, transportation, and visa costs if coming from another country) for the duration of your stay
- You must be at least 18 years old by your prospective date of arrival